Chocolate Covered Katie’s Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes To Go
Vegan friendly :)
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana, measured after mashing
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 NuNaturals stevia packets (or 5 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 2/3 cups water (If using the liquid-sweetener option, scale water back by 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp oil (Coconut oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, etc.)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional add-ins: chocolate chips, cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, etc.
Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 24-25 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.
This are genius. YUM.